Have you ever heard that every day your teeth are subjected to extreme damage without you even knowing it? The danger often lies buried within the substances you eat, as they often contain materials capable of causing a diversity of oral ailments including dental erosion, tooth sensitivity, tooth decay, oral accidents, cavities, and gum disease. Because of the fact that severe damage can occur instantly or over a long period of time, it is crucial to treat every day the same and keep your mouth safe and clean. To keep your mouth safe, listed below are risky foods you should avoid on a daily basis:
– Foods that attach to your teeth and gums tend to put your mouth at an increased risk for tooth decay and gum disease. Stay away from foods that are hard to brush away that linger in your mouth.
– Sugars are one of the most often associated products with cavities, as they are connected to the production of harmful acids in your mouth that can erode tooth enamel.
– If you bite too hard into some substances, tooth loss or fractured teeth can occur. To prevent chips, cracks, or severe fractures with your teeth, be careful when biting into any product.
– Acidic foods can give way to a surge of tooth sensitivity due to the breakdown of tooth enamel.
– One of the most acidic products available today is sour snacks. In fact, some sour sweets are almost as acidic as car battery acid. To keep your mouth healthy and protected, avoid sour sweets.
You may be at an increased risk for damaged teeth and gums. Flatrock Family Dentistry is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Christopher Rouse and our team at our dentist office in Greenville, South Carolina, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at (864) 297-5268. Stop by, and take the time to focus on your oral health care.