There’s still quite a bit of summer left. If you and your family have a vacation planned before the fall, hooray! There’s nothing like a summer road trip or travel to a new destination. As dental professionals, we look forward to hearing about our patients’ vacations, and we also know it can be easy to forget about your dental hygiene routine during these excursions.
With a few tips and a little preparation, you can enjoy your vacation without skipping a beat in your dental hygiene routine:
- Create a travel checklist. This list should include: a) toothbrush, b) spare toothbrush, c) floss, d) toothpaste.
- Don’t put off brushing your teeth before bed. It’s easy to stay up later than your usual bedtime when you’re on vacation. Before you realize it, you may be too tired to brush and floss! Remind yourself to brush and floss about a half hour after you are done eating and drinking beverages each night.
- Pack a spare toothbrush in your carry-on. That way, if there are any issues with your checked bags, you at least won’t find yourself being unable to brush without first finding a store.
- Drink plenty of water. It keeps your body hydrated and is a tooth-healthy replacement for soda and other sugary beverages.
- Enjoy yourself! You deserve this refresh. If you have more ice cream and sweets than usual, just remember to swish water around in your mouth afterward to rinse away some of the sugar.
A little care goes a long way when it comes to maintaining great dental health. Don’t forget to brush for 2 minutes, twice a day, and floss once every day, to prevent cavities, gingivitis, and other dental problems.
Schedule Your Next Dental Visit
The transition between summer and fall is a great time to get a checkup and cleaning if you are due for one. Go into the new season, school season, and beginning of the holidays with clean teeth and gums! To schedule your next appointment at Flatrock Family Dentistry in Greenville, SC, please call our team at 864-297-5268.