Dull, yellow teeth are a common problem. Just about everyone experiences teeth stains at some point. They are very easily caused by certain foods and beverages. Teeth discoloration is also a natural part of the aging process. Fortunately, teeth whitening treatment erases stains and reveals a bright smile. To learn more, please call our experienced staff and cosmetic dentists at 864-297-5268.
Teeth whitening can be completed at our office or in the comfort of your own home. The take-home method doesn’t provide results as quickly, but some people prefer it because they can relax and whiten their teeth gradually, all without leaving the house! Call our office to learn more.
Teeth Whitening at our Office
Our preferred brand is Opalescence. When performed by our dentists, this teeth whitening treatment is typically completed in less than one hour. Afterward, you’ll leave the office with your bright smile ready to show off. Many of our patients love the instant gratification of in-office teeth whitening.
The treatment involves:
- Relaxing in the dental chair
- We’ll use a plastic dental cheek retractor to gently hold your lips open
- A protective gel is applied around the edges of your teeth, to prevent the whitening gel from touching the gum tissue (which could cause sensitivity)
- The whitening gel is applied to the front surface of each tooth
- The whitening gel and protective gel are removed
- You walk through our doors with glamorously whiter teeth
The in-office treatment has the advantage of professional supervision. Our experienced dentists will make sure the results look good and consistent. The shade of whiteness is customized to the look you want, whether dazzling bright, naturally brightened or something in between. On the other hand, you may wish to take your whitening treatment home with you.
Custom Take-Home Teeth Whitening
We provide take-home whitening kits as well as professional-grade whitening strips. Some of the benefits of this option include:
- Professional-grade results vs. drugstore whitening kits
- Customized trays fit snugly over the nooks and crannies of your teeth
- Wear the trays for about 15 minutes each day
- Results are effective and lasting
- Complete treatment in the comfort and privacy of your home
Our dentists will take an impression of your teeth in order to have the trays customized. Once you get the trays – which look a lot like plastic retainers or Invisalign® trays – you’ll load the trays with the gel each day until treatment is complete. We can even customize the gel to the shade of whiteness you want.
Arrange an Appointment in Greenville
Ready to schedule your teeth whitening appointment? Please call 864-297-5268. The experienced cosmetic dentists at Flatrock Family Dentistry are proud to offer teeth whitening as a standalone treatment or in combination with other restorative dentistry at our Greenville, SC, office. Our patients visit us from across the surrounding areas, including Greer and Five Forks. During a one-on-one consultation, the dentist will help you decide if one of our professional teeth whitening services will achieve your goals.